14 Ways to Soak Up the Last of Summer
As Labour Day weekend approaches, many of us will be looking for ways to soak of the last of summer. Luckily, hot weather is here again, so we’ve got 14 ideas for getting that last hurrah for summer.
- Cool down at Chinook Winds Spray Park in Airdrie. This outdoor spray park features a variety of water toys and features so you can cool down on hot summer days. Located at 2853 Chinook Winds Drive SW in Airdrie.
- Enjoy a picnic at a local park: there’s a number of great parks in both Calgary and Airdrie, offering a variety of amenities including BBQ spots, picnic tables, playgrounds and more.
- Take part in Woodside Men’s Open Championship in Airdrie: this tournament takes place on September 3 and 4, and registration includes: 18 hole practice round, 36 hole flighted tournament, driving range, first tee gift, breakfast both days, dinner, prizes and more. Registration is currently open online.
- Enjoy family fun at Nose Creek Park in Airdrie: Enjoy a picnic or fish in the pond at this park featuring over 40 acres of natural space.
- Calgary Zoo: the zoo always offers a chance to be outside in the sun and visit some of the world’s great wildlife too. Information online.
- Go for a walk or a bicycle ride: suburban or urban living, there’s always a pathway close by in Calgary and Airdrie, so take advantage of the weather and get moving.
- Take in an outdoor sport: get the family together for some outdoor tennis, baseball, soccer or touch football. Again, with lots of parks around and school parks not being used yet, it’s a good chance to get moving.
- Go camping near the city: there’s six great family campgrounds located very close to Calgary, so you don’t have to go far to get close to nature.
- Check out Shaw Charity Classic: check out some of the best golfers to come to Calgary in the Shaw Charity Classic, taking place starting this weekend.
- Bring the family to Calaway Park: when was the last time you enjoyed the fun and entertainment at Calaway Park? Online deals still available.
- Calgary Pride: lots of Pride events happening this weekend, including the Pride Parade on Sunday.
- Bring the kids to Butterfield Acres: a learning experience that lets kids get interactive with the farm animals, there’s lots going on this weekend at Butterfield Acres.
- Float down the river: whether the Bow or Elbow, take a raft or kayak down the peaceful waters, there’s even some spots to rent boats.
- Head to Heritage Park: talk a walk through history and enjoy the exhibits, entertainment and food at Heritage Park.
Enjoy the rest of your summer and stay safe!