Nestled in the heart of Airdrie’s welcoming, family-friendly Bayside community, Pier 11 offers the serenity of the country alongside the conveniences of the city. With canals running through the neighbourhood, nature is a key part of everyday life there.
Besides the tranquility of nature, there’s so much more to love about living in Airdrie, and this season presents extra opportunities to take in the community too. Here’s 10 ways to celebrate spring in Pier 11:
- Check out the cycling and walking trails: There’s over eight kilometres of walking and cycling trails interwoven around Pier 11′s canal system. And with the abundance of parks and playgrounds in and around the community too, it makes nature even easier to enjoy with the whole family.
- Get active at Genesis Place: As the naming sponsor for Genesis Place, we were honoured to provide $2-million for the expansion and renovation of the state-of-the art recreation and fitness facility in Airdrie. Genesis Place offers all things recreation, so check them out online.
- Chinook Winds Park: Perfect for warm weather, this park offers over 55 acres of parkland and recreation spots, including playgrounds, skate parks, amenities and even a spray park for the summer. The park is located at Chinook Winds Drive, south of Yankee Valley Boulevard.
- Go golfing at Woodside Golf Course: This championship par-70 course is made up of 6,200 yards of lush, challenging landscaping, featuring 9 water hazards. This course is a popular choice for both professionals and amateurs, and is the first golf course in Alberta to be pet-friendly. Find out more about them here.
- Picnic at Nose Creek Park: Enjoy a picnic or fish in the pond at this park featuring over 40 acres of natural space. There are lots of picnic tables and pathways for the whole family to enjoy there.
- Shop local at the Airdrie Farmer’s Market: starting June, the Airdrie Farmer’s Market will reopen, from 3:30 to 7pm every Wednesday at Jensen Park.
- Take in a family event at the Airdrie Public Library: the library in Airdrie has tons of ongoing events and special activities suitable for kids or the whole family. Check their website for more information.
- See the Nose Creek Valley Museum: this museum represents over 100 years of local history, providing an interesting glimpse into the historical aspects of Airdrie and surrounding area.
- Host a community BBQ: this is a great way to get your neighbours together and spend some time with the people in your neighbourhood.
- Start a community garden: many neighbourhoods employ the use of community gardens to build relationships with their neighbours and create opportunities as well.
Click here to learn more about the Airdrie community of Pier 11.