9 Ways to Celebrate Easter Long Weekend in Calgary
If you’re spending the Easter long weekend in Calgary, there’s plenty of opportunity to take in the holiday, spring weather and some family-friendly fun. Here’s nine great events and activities happening around town this weekend:
For Easter eating:
- Easter dinner cooking class: if you’re tasked with cooking the big meal, learn how at a cooking class on Thursday, April 2nd from 12 – 1 pm at the ATCO Blue Flame Kitchen (909 – 11 Avenue SW).
- Brunch at Heritage Park: indulge in brunch at the historic Wainwright Hotel at Heritage Park, Sunday, April 5th. Details are here.
- Easter at Fairmont Palliser: enjoy Easter Sunday brunch, afternoon tea or Easter dinner right in the heart of Downtown at the Fairmont Palliser (133 – 9 Avenue SW). Details are here.
- Brunch at the Zoo: the famous Easter Sunday brunch is back at the Calgary Zoo, pre-purchased tickets are available and details are online here.
For Easter egg hunting:
- The Great Legendary Easter Hunt: a yearly classic at Butterfield Acres, kids can take part in an Easter egg hunt, plant seedlings and pet baby animals. The hunt is happening both Friday and Saturday afternoon at Butterfield Acres (254077 Rocky Ridge Road NW), details here.
- Easter Eggstravaganza at the Zoo: events happening on both Friday and Saturday this weekend include Easter egg colouring and crafts, decorating cookies, face painting and rabbit hopping demonstrations. Details on the Calgary Zoo website here.
- Easter in Kensington: this event is taking place Saturday afternoon in the northwest community of Kensington, where there will be a petting zoo set-up, Easter egg hunt and free screening of The Lego Movie. Details here.
For festive weekend fun:
- Spring Spark Spectacular: there’s lots of Easter-themed activities happening on April 3 and 4th at Telus Spark, including learning about vermiculture and chocolate. Details available online here.
- Easter petting zoo: from April 1-3 families can take part in a free petting zoo being setup at Westbrook Mall (24, 1200 – 37 Street SW).
Do you know of another Easter weekend activity we missed? Please share it with us on Twitter! And from everyone at Genesis, we wish you a happy Easter long weekend!