Home Decor Trends to Look for in 2016
If you’re looking to have a head-start on the home design trends that will dominate 2016, we’ve been scouring the web for the top predictions from industry experts. Here are the top home trends to look for in the new year:
- Back to the Future: many design experts are saying that the 80s will be making a comeback in home decor this year. Try things like bold and bright colour schemes, as well as sharp, geometric designs.
- One-of-a-kind: unique decor pieces have always seemed to have a place in design, but things like custom ceramics or vintage finds will be big this year.
- Mixing: it’s finally okay to break the rules and mix materials like metals and fabrics, as well as combining design styles like bohemian with western, or whatever it is your heart desires.
- Minimalism: less is more, and a simpler way of living is becoming the norm when it comes to home decor and design. This might be the perfect time to implement this design trend as well, with New Year de-cluttering on the agenda for many people.
- Geometrics: strong shapes and geometric designs are dominating as well. This could mean something like a bold wallpaper, or geometric accent pieces.
- Sustainable and smart: green home gadgets and decor items are becoming all the more popular, a great trend for the environment and our wallets too. Look for products with an eco-friendly aspect or made from organic or renewable resources, as well as ones that help reduce your footprint. One of the sustainable features we continue to implement into our new homes is the NEST Thermostat, read more about it here.
- Houseplants: and items that are literally green are making a comeback as well, bring some life into your home with houseplants. You can also get creative with planters, adding another unique touch to your home decor.
- Rose Quartz: this was chosen as one of Pantone’s Colours of the Year, and this subtle shade will make for a fresh, bright look in any room of your home.
- Serenity: this blue hue is the second Pantone Colour of the Year, both of this year’s choices are on the softer side.
- Lilac Gray: this is one of Elle Magazine’s choices for a colour in 2016, and since it goes well with pastels and softer shades, it’s perfect for pairing with the Pantone colours.
If you’re looking for more home design inspiration, be sure to follow us on Pinterest.