If you’re looking to have a head-start on the home design trends that will dominate 2015, we’ve been scouring the web for the top predictions from industry experts. Here are the top home trends to look for in the new year:
- Rustic/modern mixes: weathered wood and modern accents are forecast to be big trends in 2015 home decor and design. Perhaps we saw that coming? Check out how we used rustic/modern mixes in our Brandt showhome in Canals Landing.
- DIY home accents: if you spend any time on Pinterest, this will come as no surprise to you that DIY home decor is becoming more and more popular. We’ve been collecting our favourite DIY home ideas on our Pinterest page.
- Container gardens: this forecast was predicted by Pinterest trends, and suggests that container gardens will no longer be a cool idea for your home this year, but a major contributor to decor/design. Not sure what a container garden is? See here.
- Wood violet: Elle Decor says this colour is all about poise and finesse, predicted to be a hot colour trend in 2015.
- Browns/Grays: a mixture of these colours is predicted to be on the top of home design this upcoming year, according to Lush Home.
- Pastels: Behr is predicting that frosted pastel shades will be the colour trend of 2015.
- Marsala: this beautiful hue is the 2015 Pantone colour of the year, which is usually a trendsetter for the year.
If you incorporate any of these home decor trends into your design scheme, share a photo with us on Twitter.