Good Friday is tomorrow, which means there is a long weekend on the horizon. If you’re planning on spending the holiday long weekend with friends or family in town, there’s a lot of family-friendly events happening to help you celebrate Easter weekend.
Here’s how to spend the Easter long weekend in Calgary:
- #COREEaster egg hunt: this Easter egg hunt has been taking place downtown at The Core since March 19th and runs until Saturday. This is an egg hunt targeted towards adults but kids accompanied by an adult can enter as well, you need to get some clues on social media and their website in order to find them, details are online.
- Easter Eggstravaganza at the Zoo: head to the Calgary Zoo on March 30 and 31 for a family-friendly celebration with face painting, bunny races, cookie decorating and more. More details are available online.
- Easter at the Market: head to the Calgary Farmer’s Market on Friday and Saturday for Easter at the Market, featuring photos with the Easter Bunny and cookie decorating too. More information online.
- Legendary Easter Egg Hunt at Butterfield Acres: head to Butterfield Acres this weekend for the legendary Easter egg hunt, it will take about 75 to 120 minutes to complete, and it’s fun for all ages. More information available online.
- Sunday Brunch at Fort Calgary: celebrate Easter Sunday over a delicious brunch at Fort Calgary, surround yourself with family and history. More information online.
- Easter egg hunt for dogs at Calaway Park: taking place on Friday, thousands of plastic eggs are filled with dog treats and hidden around Calaway Park. Each egg contains a dog treat and a sticker, representing a chance to win one of many great prizes! This is all in support of National Service Dogs, more information here.
We hope you enjoy your Easter long weekend, however you’re spending it!