How to use the 2017 Pantone Colour of the Year in your home
The announcement of the Pantone Colour of the Year is always an exciting one for design and decor buffs, and the choice for 2017 did not disappoint—greenery.
Greenery is a fresh and zesty yellow-green shade that evokes the first days of spring when nature’s greens revive, restore and renew. [Pantone]
With a new year upon us, it’s time for all things ‘fresh start’ and nothing is more fresh than this green shade. If you’re feeling inspired to freshen up your home, here’s how you can use the 2017 Pantone Colour of the Year in your home.
- Bring in natural accents: since ‘greenery’ is actually inspired by the green hues of nature, why not just incorporate some succulents or other natural accents in your home? Some great places to place terrariums, succulents or plants would be: kitchen table, living room tables, window sills or bathrooms.
- Accent furniture: a sofa in green or a statement chair in the same hue could easily transform an entire room, without even having to paint anything or buy an entirely new ensemble. In fact, it really freshens up a room and the hue brings a sense of relaxation as well. Pantone also has a great guide to pairing colours with ‘greenery’ right here.
- Change up the textiles: for many people, accent pieces that tie a room together come in the form of their pillows or throws, maybe even just their curtains. These are inexpensive pieces to replace in a room, so switching in some green tones would make the transition into the shade of 2017 an easy one.
- Paint the place: giving a room a fresh coat of paint is sure to transform your space instantly. Green tones bring about emotions of calm, peace and energy so a new paint hue will literally revitalize your home, and you.
- Decor accents: the same way an accent couch or chair can bring attention to a particular shade and exert a particular emotion, the same can be done on a smaller scale with decor accents. This also allows you to save some money if you’re looking to get a little creative. Try scoping out some eye-catching green accents from your favourite home decor store, or paint some of your existing pieces. Even a green stripe or design on a classic piece can give it new life and pull a room together.
Greenery is nature’s neutral. The more submerged people are in modern life, the greater their innate craving to immerse themselves in the physical beauty and inherent unity of the natural world. [Pantone]
Looking for some amazing inspiration for ‘greenery’ in your home? Check out these beautiful ideas on Pinterest.