October markets to check out in Calgary
One of the great many perks of Calgary, is all the opportunities to shop local and support small business, and the many markets in our city are one perfect example of that. Whether you are looking for the freshest farm produce, unique gifts or one-of-a-kind treasures, markets are a great place to shop and explore.
There are lots of markets setting up this month in Calgary, here’s where to find them:
- Granary Road: this is a brand new market that has opened up just outside the city limits (226034 – 112 Street West, MD of Foothills). They have local vendors, lots of food and an active learning park as well. The market is open Thursday to Sunday every week, and it’s free to get in.
- Calgary Farmers’ Market: this is a tried and true favourite in Calgary, featuring over 80 vendors! You can visit this market Thursday through Sunday from 9am to 5pm at 510 – 77 Avenue SE.
- Crossroads Market: this market features lots of boutique vendors and great food, but also has an amazing hot dine-in section, so it’s a popular choice for breakfast, lunch or dinner. All market areas are open Saturday and Sunday 9am to 5pm, Friday market is 9am to 5pm. Located at 1235 – 26 Avenue SE.
- Market on Macleod: this is a popular place for fresh produce and meat, with over 70 vendors featured from Thursday to Sunday (9am to 5pm). You can find this market at 771 Macleod Trail SE.
- Symons Valley Market Pop-up: due to a massive fire, this large market lost its home, but until the end of October they are running Saturday pop-up markets in the parking lot (14555 Symons Valley Road NW). You can visit them Saturdays 10am to 3pm (weather permitting), but check their website for updates on locations for winter.
- Bearspaw Fall Market: back for the 35th annual fall and Christmas market, this market features all handmade vendors. Held at the Bearspaw Lifestyle Centre (253220 Bearspaw Road), check it out October 20 (10am to 8pm), October 21 (10am to 5pm) and October 22 (12pm to 5pm).
Do you know of another market we missed this month? Please let us know on social media!