Spread Some Cheer This Holiday Season
The holiday season is upon us — or should we say, the most wonderful time of the year!
Whether it’s buying gifts for a family in need or volunteering at your local shelter, giving back and showing others you care, is the reason for the season.
Being charitable doesn’t have to be limited to just the holidays, but at this time of year when families gather together and gifts are exchanged, we’re reminded that many go without those privileges in life. The holidays can also be especially challenging for those suffering the loss of loved ones, dealing with the stress of layoffs or other financial burdens. So, we encourage you to lighten someone’s load and pay it forward! Here’s some ideas:
- Do something in your community like shoveling a neighbours sidewalks
- Donate clothing (especially winter coats!) and toys to a local organization in need
- Organize a mini food-bank drive with your neighbours
THE 12 DAYS OF GIVING INITIATIVE
At Genesis Land, we’re passionate about connecting and giving back to community residents and local businesses, and we want you to do the same through our 12 Days of Giving contest! Every day, from Wednesday December 4th to Sunday, the 15th, we will be giving away six $100 gift certificates and donating $100 to six local charities chosen by the winners. Entering is easy and there’s something for everyone, even the hardest to buy for! Here’s what you can expect:
- A shopping spree at Homegrown House and Pantry in Airdrie! Born out of a love for local food and a desire to make it easily accessible, Homegrown House and Pantry has curated the best selection of unique, handmade gifts and special artisan ingredients for a festive holiday feast. Find one-of-a-kind essentials for your pantry, bathroom, and closet, and support local adventurous female entrepreneurs while you’re at it.
- Find everything you need to deck your halls at Greengate Garden Centre, on us! From festive trees and arrangements to gifts and decor, Greengate has been serving plant lovers of Calgary for over 20 years and providing their community with donations and sponsorships. Learn more here.
- The holidays are the time to eat, drink, and be merry, but not for everyone. Whether you’re overwhelmed with holiday stress or know someone who could use a night off from meal prep, we’re picking up the tab at Paul’s Pizza, an Airdrie staple since 1995. More of a morning person? Another lucky winner will get to enjoy the ultimate brunch at The Bro’Kin Yolk in Calgary.
- Giving gifts is a holiday tradition, but the pressure of finding the perfect gift and financial anxiety can be overwhelming. That’s why we’re giving away 2 gift cards to the best shopping destinations in Alberta. Treat yourself or treat someone else — or even stock up on goodies to give to a local shelter.
6 CHARITABLE DAY GIVEAWAYS
We’ll also be making six donations of $100 to the winners of our charitable day giveaways!
There are over 2,500 charities in Calgary and Airdrie providing meaningful support for those in need, so this holiday season we encourage you to discover a charity in your community and show them some love with a donation of your time, money or by participating in our 12 Days of Giving contest on Instagram and Facebook!