The 10 Best Things About Living in Pier 11 in Airdrie
Nestled in the heart of Airdrie’s welcoming, family-friendly Bayside community, Pier 11 offers the serenity of the country alongside the conveniences of the city. With canals running through the neighbourhood, nature is a key part of everyday life there.
Besides the tranquility of nature, there’s so much more to love about living in Airdrie. Here’s the 10 best things about life at Pier 11:
- Access to great schools: Airdrie is home to 16 schools, run by Rocky View Schools. Nose Creek Elementary School serves students in kindergarten to grade four, and is located right in our community of Bayside. More on Rocky View schools.
- Eco-friendly, innovative home features: The nautical-inspired design of Pier 11 homes is just one of the unique features of our builds, the big draw is the smart and innovative features each of the homes in this community comes complete with. NEST Thermostats, 96 per cent efficiency furnaces and many more green features (learn more).
- ARTember: Genesis is a proud sponsor of ARTember, an annual Airdrie-based arts and culture festival. To find out more about ARTember, check out their website.
- Walking and cycling paths: There’s over eight kilometres of walking and cycling trails interwoven around Pier 11’s canal system. And with the abundance of parks and playgrounds in and around the community too, it makes nature even easier to enjoy with the whole family.
- Genesis Place: As the naming sponsor for Genesis Place, we were honoured to provide $2-million for the expansion and renovation of the state-of-the art recreation and fitness facility in Airdrie. Genesis Place offers all things recreation, so check them out online.
- Chinook Winds Park: Perfect for summer, this park offers over 55 acres of parkland and recreation spots, including playgrounds, skate parks, amenities and even a spray park for the summer. The park is located at Chinook Winds Drive, south of Yankee Valley Boulevard.
- Woodside Golf Course: This championship par-70 course is made up of 6,200 yards of lush, challenging landscaping, featuring 9 water hazards. This course is a popular choice for both professionals and amateurs, and is the first golf course in Alberta to be pet-friendly. Find out more about them here.
- Airdrie Festival of Lights: A holiday favourite, Airdrie is home to the largest outdoor Christmas light display in all of Western Canada. If you haven’t yet seen the amazing display, it’s an absolute must for the holiday season. The festival starts on December 1st, more info here.
- Nose Creek Park: Enjoy a picnic or fish in the pond at this park featuring over 40 acres of natural space. There are lots of picnic tables and pathways for the whole family to enjoy there.
- Beautiful homes: There are brand new homes to fit any lifestyle available at Pier 11, whether you’re looking to move in the near future or want immediate possession, we’ve got the place for you. Check out our selection of homes in Pier 11 here.
What do you love about living in Pier 11 or Bayside in Airdrie? Share with us on Twitter.