The "Best of Calgary" spots in northwest Calgary
Every year, the “Best of Calgary” survey asks Calgarians to weigh in on their favourite shopping spots, entertainment venues and people in Calgary. It’s a chance for us to celebrate some of the great local businesses and people in our city.
Last year, some notable northwest Calgary places got the top spots on the list:
- Best place to do yoga: Hot Shop: this yoga studio touts two northwest locations, one in Silverado and one near the University. The studios offer a variety of different yoga classes as well as spin classes.
- Best grocery store: Co-op: with multiple locations in northwest Calgary including Brentwood, Hamptons, Rocky Ridge and Crowfoot, northwest Calgary residents get to experience this high-quality grocery store often.
- Best bike shop: Bow Cycle: this bicycle shop is located in Bowness and is a go-to spot for many looking for a new bike or to get repairs done. Located at 6501 Bowness Road NW.
- Best place to walk your dog: Nose Hill Park: covering more than 11 square-kilometres, Nose Hill Park is a popular destination for walkers, hikers, dog owners and cyclists. Located at 5620 14th Street NW.
- Best concert venue over 500: Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium: this space was built in 1955 and has been a staple in the arts and music community in our city ever since. Located at 1415 – 14th Avenue NW.
There are so many categories in the survey, so if you live in northwest Calgary, now is your chance to vote on your favourite places!
Every year we look forward to the people of Calgary voting for their favourite places to uncover and celebrate the best of our great city, across a variety of categories. At the end of 2017, we asked Calgarians for nominations in each of the categories we have below. The top winners of those categories are included in today’s survey, and we need you to choose the best one! [Best of Calgary]
If you are looking to live in northwest Calgary, might we suggest checking out the brand new community of Sage Meadows or the luxury neighourhood of The Ridge at Sage Meadows? If you have questions about these communities, by all means contact us on social media our through our website!