Where to take in Family Day in Calgary & Airdrie
This weekend is all about spending time with the people you love, with Valentine’s Day and Family Day on Monday. If you’re looking for some fun ways to share the holiday long weekend with your family, here are the free (or nearly free) events and activities to check out in Calgary and Airdrie on Monday, February 19th.
- Winterfest at Fort Calgary: head to Fort Calgary for a full day of museum attractions, storytelling, games, crafts and more! Happening at 750 9 Avenue SE from 10 am to 4 pm on Family Day.
- Family Fun Day at Eau Claire Market: this free event features a petting zoo, live entertainment, magician, crafts, carnival games and more! Head to Eau Claire Market (200 Barclay Parade SW) from 11 am to 4 pm on Monday.
- YYC Hot Chocolate Fest: indulge in a delicious hot chocolate while supporting a great cause, YYC Hot Chocolate Fest is currently on in Calgary, with 32 local vendors looking to win your votes. Try a few, and it’s all in support of Meals on Wheels. Find a YYC Hot Chocolate Fest vendor online.
- Family Day at Studio Bell: bring the family to Studio Bell (850 4 Street SE) on Mondy for a day of fun with DJ Kid Koala, more details here.
- Family Day skate: head to Chinook Winds Park on Monday from 11 am to 2 pm for skating and hot chocolate.
- Frostbite Run: experience a train ride through the snow banks (if there’s any left), enjoy hot chocolate and more. Location: Iron Horse Park (820 Railway Gate SW), from 11 am to 4 pm.
From our team to your family, we wish you a happy Family Day long weekend!