Besides the tranquility of nature, there’s so much more to love about living in Airdrie. Here’s the top 10 reasons to love living in Airdrie:
- Access to great schools: Airdrie is home to 16 schools, run by Rocky View Schools.
- Bert Church Live Theatre: full of entertainment, this popular theatre features musicians and theatre groups, promoting all things local entertainment and arts. The schedule and upcoming events for the theatre can be found online here.
- Walking and cycling paths: There’s over eight kilometres of walking and cycling trails interwoven around Pier 11′s canal system. And with the abundance of parks and playgrounds in and around the community too, it makes nature even easier to enjoy with the whole family.
- Genesis Place: As the naming sponsor for Genesis Place, we were honoured to provide $2-million for the expansion and renovation of the state-of-the art recreation and fitness facility in Airdrie. Genesis Place offers all things recreation, so check them out online.
- Chinook Winds Park: Perfect for summer, this park offers over 55 acres of parkland and recreation spots, including playgrounds, skate parks, amenities and even a spray park for the summer. The park is located at Chinook Winds Drive, south of Yankee Valley Boulevard.
- Woodside Golf Course: This championship par-70 course is made up of 6,200 yards of lush, challenging landscaping, featuring 9 water hazards. This course is a popular choice for both professionals and amateurs, and is the first golf course in Alberta to be pet-friendly. Find out more about them here.
- Airdrie Festival of Lights: A holiday favourite, Airdrie is home to the largest outdoor Christmas light display in all of Western Canada. If you haven’t yet seen the amazing display, it’s an absolute must for the holiday season. The festival starts on December 1st, more info here.
- Nose Creek Park: Enjoy a picnic or fish in the pond at this park featuring over 40 acres of natural space. There are lots of picnic tables and pathways for the whole family to enjoy there.
- AirdrieFEST: Every year, this event allows community groups and non-profits to showcase their services and products, as well as offering free family-friendly entertainment and fun. Find out more.
- New neighbourhoods: We are proud to have built homes several multi-faceted communities within Airdrie, each offering a unique living experience:
- Bayside Estates: Surrounded by waterways, walking paths, and mountain-framed skies, you’ll love the view from your front porch in Bayside Estates, Airdrie. A community close to all the amenities your family wants and needs and home to backyards large enough for kids to play and grow. More on Bayside Estates.
- Pier 11: Nestled in the heart of Airdrie’s welcoming, family-friendly Bayside community, Pier 11 offers the serenity of the country alongside the conveniences of the city. More on Pier 11.
- Bayview: Bayview is the perfect place for outdoor lovers to put down roots. Homes here feature authentic architectural details that reflect a reverence for the land, while offering all the style and features your modern life demands. More on Bayview.
- Canals Landing: Tucked into southern Alberta countryside and just a 25-minute commute North from Calgary’s downtown core, Canal’s Landing Airdrie combines small town graces with all the services and amenities you need for everyday convenience. Whether you’re a family, “thinking of kids,” or an empty nester that wants a quality residence in a natural environment. More on Canals Landing.
We work with incredible local home builders in Airdrie as well: