As part of our company’s vision, Genesis believes in making a positive impact, especially in the communities in which we build. Over the years, we’ve been proud to actively participate in projects designed to promote the well-being of communities, and The Genesis Centre in Calgary is one of those projects.
In our efforts to improve the health and wellness of communities, as well as to provide families with meaningful recreational opportunities, we contributed $5 million, plus a 15-year naming agreement for the Genesis Centre, an outstanding active lifestyle recreational centre in northeast Calgary.
Here’s the top 10 things you can do at Genesis Centre this summer:
- All Sport One Day: On June 17, try new sports for free including badminton, field hockey, in-line skating, Judo, Taekwondo, rock climbing and synchronized swimming. Open to ages six to 12.
- Alien In-Line Summer Camp: take part in in-line skating summer camps, running either July 17 – 24 or August 14 – 18. Open to kids aged six to eight, or nine to 12. Register and info online.
- Active Adults: participate in this free program for adults, including indoor walking, badminton, tennis, bocce and more. Family-friendly. Details online.
- Canada Day celebration: on July 1, celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday! Attend the free party with entertainment all day from 12pm – 8 pm. Details online.
- Unity Moving Forward: on June 11, experience a culturally rich, family oriented Indigenous event featurng Indigeneous drummer and singer Randy Turning Robe. Try tradiitional food, take part in crafts. Details online.
- Engineering for kids summer camp: from July 4 to 21, your kids can invent new machines and explore creative design solutions using the Engineering Design Process. Details online.
- 3 Things for Canada Party: on June 17, in the Calgary Public Library at Genesis Centre, enjoy games, food and learn how to make a difference in your community. Details online.
- Summer camps at the YMCA: the YMCA located in the Genesis Centre is offering summer camps for various ages and in various areas. Information can be found online.
- Check out the climbing wall: take in some indoor rock climbing at the YMCA located inside the Genesis Centre. The drop-in schedule is available online.
- Drop-in sports and recreation: take part in tons of sports and indoor recreation activities, available for all ages. Genesis Centre offers weekly drop-in schedules, check their website for details.
Genesis Centre opened its doors in January of 2012, and saw over one million visitors in its first year alone, showing the great need for a facility like this in the area. The centre is located at 7555 Falconridge Boulevard NE in Calgary.