Top 10 things to love about Canals Landing
Airdrie continues to gain popularity as a place to call home, as more and more homebuyers are choosing to settle down in the city just north of Calgary. With the conveniences of a city and the close proximity to nature, Airdrie has something for everyone.
And if you’re looking to move to Airdrie, we know the perfect community—Canals Landing. Whether you’re a family, “thinking of kids,” or an empty nester that wants a quality residence in a natural environment. Canal’s Landing provides the perfect place to settle down and live a comfortable, leisure-filled life among big skies and beautiful nature.
Here’s just 10 of the many things to love about Canals Landing in Airdrie:
- Beautifully crafted homes: Canals Landing, a Genesis Land community, is partnered with a number of reputable builders for this development, offering beautifully crafted homes on massive lots. Each of the established builders we’re working with in Canals Landing overs a unique take on the architecture and design of this community. Learn more about the builders and their models in Canals Landing: Crystal Creek Homes, Genesis Builders, McKee Homes, ReidBuilt Homes and Westview Builders.
- Access to great schools: Airdrie is home to 16 schools, run by Rocky View Schools. Nose Creek Elementary School serves students in kindergarten to grade four, and is located right in our community of Bayside. More on Rocky View schools. Bayview is within walking distance to one of these schools as well.
- Location, location, location: From parks and recreation, to healthcare, shopping, restaurants and childcare, you’ll never be far from the amenities you want and need.
- Easy access to Calgary or the mountains: despite what you may think, Bayview is within a 30-minute drive to downtown Calgary, so for those who work in Calgary, the commute is very reasonable. And for those who like those mountain weekend getaways, Canmore is just an hour from Airdrie.
- Genesis Place: within close proximity to Canals Landing is Genesis Place, a large recreation centre featuring a pool, lazy river, fitness centre, track, two ice rinks and much more!
- Chinook Winds Park: Perfect for summer, this park offers over 55 acres of parkland and recreation spots, including playgrounds, skate parks, amenities and even a spray park for the summer. The park is located at Chinook Winds Drive, south of Yankee Valley Boulevard.
- Woodside Golf Course: This championship par-70 course is made up of 6,200 yards of lush, challenging landscaping, featuring 9 water hazards. This course is a popular choice for both professionals and amateurs, and is the first golf course in Alberta to be pet-friendly. Find out more about them here.
- Airdrie Festival of Lights: A holiday favourite, Airdrie is home to the largest outdoor Christmas light display in all of Western Canada. If you haven’t yet seen the amazing display, it’s an absolute must for the holiday season.
- Nose Creek Park: Enjoy a picnic or fish in the pond at this park featuring over 40 acres of natural space. There are lots of picnic tables and pathways for the whole family to enjoy there.
- Nature at your door: The community of Canals Landing is perfect for those who love the outdoors and an active lifestyle. This community is full of canals, pathways and prairie vistas. Cycle, skate, jog or just explore the great outdoors!
Residents of Canals Landing and their neighbours in Bayside enjoy established green space and recreational features, including six kilometres of winding canals with pathways, bridges and water features. A playground is built in Canals Landing, which is also near to a tot lot, a day care, Ralph McCall elementary school and a Grades 5 to 8 school now under construction. [Calgary Sun]
To learn more about the community of Canals Landing in Airdie, click here.