The City of Airdrie is one of the fastest growing communities in Canada, and for many reasons. Located just 10 minutes north of Calgary, Airdrie offers a variety of housing options available in both new and established neighbourhoods, and people are discovering that Airdrie offers a small town lifestyle with big city amenities.
This time of year, there’s even more to enjoy about the Airdrie lifestyle. Here’s our list of top 10 things to love about living in Airdrie in the summer.
- Chinook Winds Spray Park. This outdoor spray park features a variety of water toys and features so you can cool down on hot summer days. Features include: twist n’ spill water toys, ground sprays, splash spiral, interactive spray piano and public washrooms and change rooms on site. Location: 2853 Chinook Winds Drive SW
- Nose Creek Park. Enjoy a picnic or fish in the pond at this park featuring over 40 acres of natural space. There are lots of picnic tables and pathways for the whole family to enjoy here. Location: follow the signs in the downtown core.
- Two gorgeous golf courses. Airdrie is home to two beautiful golf courses: Woodside Golf Course and Apple Creek Golf Course, and both are offering tons of events and deals all summer.
- Public fire pits and picnic spaces. The City of Airdrie has three fire pits setup in various parks that are free for community use. You can also book the fire pits for special events (family gatherings, birthdays, etc.). Location: Nose Creek Park, East Lake Park, Bowen Park (maps online).
- Outdoor tennis courts. The City of Airdrie maintains eight outdoor tennis courts for community use at the following places: East Lake Park, Tri-School Park and Summerhill. Location: maps and addresses online
- Vast bicycle and walkway systems. Airdrie is blessed with an extensive bike path and walkway system, as well as a number of beautifully-maintained parks and green spaces for recreation use. Location: maps and address of parks and paths online.
- Airdrie BMX. This is a specialty track for BMX bike racing of all ages. It’s located in Fletcher Park at the north end of Airdrie (Main Street and 6 Avenue NW), more information here.
- Baseball diamonds. Airdrie has 25 baseball diamonds located all over the city, so to ensure your game doesn’t interfere with league play, call 403-948-8400.
- Genesis Place. As the naming sponsor for Genesis Place, we were honoured to provide $2-million for the expansion and renovation of the state-of-the art recreation and fitness facility in Airdrie. Genesis Place offers all things recreation, so check them out online.
- The new communities. We are proud to be developing four new communities in Airdrie that offer a variety of amenities and scenic views: Bayside Estates, Bayview, Canals Landing and Pier 11.