What to look forward to at the Calgary Home and Design Show
This weekend, one of the most anticipated events for home design and renovation enthusiasts hits Calgary—the Calgary Home + Design Show (CHDS).
Starting Thursday, September 17th and running through to Sunday, this annual trade show and event is welcoming over 350 exhibitors, plus a ton of industry experts (and some TV personalities too). This is a weekend full of great tips, trends and a ton of inspiration for all things home, design, renovation and landscaping/garden.
In addition to all of the great vendors who will be on-site, there is a live stage featuring presentations from the following:
- Brian and Sarah Baeumler: these are the stars of the popular HGTV show, House of Bryan. This master contractor and style consultant duo are a must-see at the show.
- Janette Ewen and Jef Hancock: these two are the owners and founders of design brand Parker Barrow and will be speaking at CHDS about design concepts and trends from all over the globe.
- Alykhan Velji: principal and designer of Alykhan Velji Designs, this familiar face will be sharing more tips and trends in the home design field.
- Leigh-Ann Allaire Perrault: this lifestyle expert and brand spokesperson for Rust-Oleum will be speaking about the art of upcycling.
- David Crosson: the owner of Barbarian Interior Decoration, this expert will be speaking on using colour in your home design.
- Amanda Hamilton: an interior designer and creative director at her own firm, she’ll be taking attendees on a guided adventure in home style.
- Clare Gardner and Marie Claire Williams: two more interior designers coming to the show, these experts will take you on a guided tour to design for every room in your home.
- Kevin Gray: interior designer and owner of his own firm, this expert will be guiding attendees through how to start and finish an interior design project.
- Giles Dupas: this tech expert will be explaining how home technology doesn’t necessarily mean high-tech.
- Christine Dennis: this expert is coined the ‘CIY Mommy’, and that’s exactly what she’ll be covering this weekend.
The schedule for attending the Calgary Home + Design Show this weekend:
Thursday, September 17: open from 4 to 9 pm
Friday, September 18: open from 12 to 9 pm
Saturday, September 19: open from 10 am to 9 pm
Sunday, September 20: open from 10 am to 6 pm
The Calgary Home + Design Show is being held at the BMO Centre at Stampede Park. For more information, maps and ticket information, check out their website.