10 things to do with your family at the Calgary Stampede
The Calgary Stampede is in full swing, and if you’re looking for a fun way to spend time with the family, there’s always something down at the grounds to see or do (or eat)! Here’s a look at 10 things you can do with your family at the Calgary Stampede:
- BMO Kids’ Day: on July 12, entry is free for kids 12 and under from 7 to 9 am, then $2 after that. The day will feature a Stampede breakfast that’s free from 8 to 9:30 am at Grandstand Courtyard.
- Midway food: one of the biggest attractions at the Stampede is all the unique and delicious foods you can find down on the midway. A lot of new items have been introduced this year, like rolled ice cream, monster ice cream sandwiches and chili lime perogies. Find out more about the midway food online here.
- Rodeo: at the heart of the Calgary Stampede is the rodeo, featuring lots of events to see all day during the 10-day festival. Everything you need to know about the rodeo is available online here.
- TransAlta Grandstand Show: this is a huge attraction at the Stampede, every night watch the spectacular grandstand show, hosted by Jan Arden. Details and tickets online.A Show 150 Years in the Making celebrates Canada’s milestone birthday with spectacular surprises, grand imagery and the kind of breathtaking performances only possible at the TransAlta Grandstand Show. Hosted by recording artist and icon, Jann Arden, with unforgettable acts by The Young Canadians of the Calgary Stampede, Alberta Ballet and performers from coast to coast, the 2017 TransAlta Grandstand Show reflects our nation’s past, present and future.
- Coca-Cola Stage: this stage offers free entertainment and live music all day and night on the grounds. Huge musical acts are performing afternoon and evening shows, 10 days of the Stampede. Plus, the daytime features free entertainment for the kids as well. See the schedule online.
- Agriculture showcases: learn about Alberta’s agriculture industry with a variety of exhibits on the grounds. Opportunities to meet (and pet) some of the animals, learn about the industries and take part in interactive displays.
- Canine stars at the Dog Bowl: head to the Dog Bowl Stadium every day or night for some amazingly entertaining dogs. From high jumping to dock-diving this show is sure to impress the whole family, details online.
- Stampede Midway: there’s fun for the whole family on the midway with a huge selection of rides for thrill-seekers and kids alike. Plus, try to win some great prizes while having some fun too with all the games lined down the midway as well. Details on coupons and attractions online.
- Stampede Market: check out over 200 retailers and do some shopping at the Stampede Market, where you’ll find western wear and unique finds.
- Weadickville: right near the Coca-Cola Stage, you’ll find this recreation of a 1912 Calgary street with special priced items and finds from each vendor. It’s a different place to relax and grab a bite.