Baking at Home with Genesis Land
Life at home has taken on a whole new meaning this year! We’ve spent the year getting to know our homes more intimately than ever. From moving our offices into the spare bedroom, to yoga in the living room and a classroom set up on the dining room; life is truly at home now.
Holidays at home might look a little different with less extended family, not as many Christmas dinners or parties to attend and a quieter Christmas morning but just because it looks different doesn’t mean it needs to feel different. We hope you’re able to spend the time with your loved ones either in person or connected online.
If you’ve taken up baking as a quarantine hobby or are just looking for something special to sweeten up your holiday dessert table, our resident baker, Leo Perez has graciously shared her favourite holiday Bundt cake recipe with us. Join us in Baking at Home by trying your hand at Leo’s Bundt cake! Watch her cooking video below and then tag us on Instagram when you serve the cake to your family this holiday season.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix butter and sugar
- While that’s mixing, work on the white eggs. Stir until they’re puffy like a cloud.
- Go back to your original mixture, add yolks, one by one
- Add the milk (slowly) and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder
- Add these to the original mix, not stirring for too long
- After, incorporate the egg whites into the mix (with a spatula, not KitchenAid)
- Lastly, spray your cake mould. If you don’t have the spray, you can use butter and flour.
- Add the mixture to the cake mold and hit it to the surface of a table to get all the air out
- Put it in the oven for 60 mins