Benefits of buying in a brand new community
One of the most important considerations when house hunting, is choosing the community in which you’ll live. Calgary and Airdrie offer a variety of choices from well-established to brand new suburbs, so you have plenty of options to consider. While we may be a bit biased, we are sharing some of the benefits of buying in a brand new community.
- Peace and quiet: far enough away from the urban bustle but close enough to access it when needed, suburb communities offer families a more peaceful and quiet atmosphere.
- More bang for your buck: when compared to housing options in urban communities, suburban areas offer homebuyers a lot more for their money when it comes to home square-footage and yard space. In many cases, you can find a single-family home in the suburbs for the same price as a small condo in downtown Calgary.
- Schools: newer suburb communities have the added benefit of access to multiple schools, and newer schools that aren’t overcrowded. For example, the northeast Calgary community of Saddlestone has over 10 schools within nearby range.
- Nature: suburb communities tend to be designed with green space and nature in mind. Because of the further proximity, residents of the suburbs can enjoy all that the great outdoors has to offer, with the convenience of the city. Look at Pier 11 in Airdrie for example, the entire community was designed around the natural components at the hub of this neighbourhood.
- Safety: suburb communities tend to have lower crime rates than their urban counterparts. Plus, suburban neighbourhoods have a sense of community and neighbours look out for one another. Communities that have neighbourhood watch programs or Block Parents bring an added layer of security as well.
- Parking: one of the biggest gripes that urban homeowners seem to have is the lack of parking, especially in condos. This is not an issue for suburban homeowners!
- Pets: one of the benefits of suburban living, is one that your pets will enjoy—open space! Besides the comfort of more space in a home for your pet, with a yard and so much park and green space nearby, your furry friend can enjoy the great outdoors too.
- Amenities: you won’t have to drive all over looking for groceries, gas or shopping, because suburban communities are equipped with everything you need. Most suburb communities are complete with 4-5 nearby grocery stores, never mind all the other day-to-day amenities a family may need.
- Recreation: with plenty of nearby parks, playgrounds and cycle/walking trails, suburb communities offer a lot of outdoor recreation options. But, many suburb communities also boast top-of-the-line recreation facilities, like the Genesis Centre near Saddlestone in Calgary’s northeast.
- Brand new homes: suburb communities are the newest communities in a city because they are developed last, or are still in development. Because of that fact, families looking to move to the suburbs get the benefit of choosing from new homes. Newer homes come with a number of benefits, such as updated technology, energy-saving features and the ability to customize your home.
If you’re looking to live in a brand new community we have developed three Calgary communities, and four in Airdrie. See our website for more details on each community.