Family-Friendly Ways to Celebrate Valentine's Day
Valentine’s Day is a day of love, and it’s not just for couples, you can celebrate the love for your whole family with a number of activities and events happening in Calgary and Airdrie. Here’s where to take in Valentine’s Day with the whole family this year:
- Share the Love at Landmark Cinema: this theatre in Airdrie is offering a great two-for-one deal for Valentine’s Day on February 14th for $29.99: 2 genera admissions, 2 medium drinks, 1 large popcorn and 1 bagged candy treat. You can treat the whole family for less, details.
- YYC Hot Chocolate Fest: this event is happening all of February, so take your family to try one of the delicious hot chocolate creations around Calgary, and support local business at the same time. The list of participating businesses can be found online here.
- In the heat of the night: this event is taking place at the Calgary Zoo on February 14th, and includes special presentations, dinner and a photo-booth. Details online here.
- Go for dinner: Open Table has a guide to restaurants offering Valentine’s Day specials this year, and you can even make a reservation online.
If you’re looking to save some money on Valentine’s Day this year, but want to get the family involved, here’s some DIY date night ideas:
- Make heart-shaped pizzas: do dinner at home and get everyone involved in making their own heart-shaped pizzas. Lots of inspiration for heart-shaped pizzas online.
- Do a craft: there’s tons of ideas online for DIY Valentine’s Day crafts that are fun for both kids and you, here’s some inspiration.
- Make a fun breakfast or brunch: Valentine’s Day falls on a weekday, so start the day with some love by getting festive with breakfast or lunch ideas. .
- Do a scavenger hunt: setup a Valentine’s Day themed scavenger hunt for the family to take part in together, templates and printables here.