New vs resale homes: which makes sense for you?
You have a lot of choices when it comes to buying a home, and one of the first decisions to make is whether to buy brand new or go the resale route. We understand there are benefits to both, so it makes sense to understand what you and your family really need. To give you a grasp of what new builds can offer you, here’s some things to consider:
- The opportunity to get what you want: besides having the ability to choose the home model that best suits your needs, you also have the opportunity to make upgrades to many of the features inside the home, so you’re moving into the exact home you desire.
- Quality design and construction: a lot of time and thought goes into the functionality and style of new homes, and the solid construction and attention to detail are the professional standard new homeowners are accustom to. New homes also use the most advanced building products and materials, ensuring long-term satisfaction and durability.
- Energy-efficiency (and energy savings): thanks to advances in construction and design, everything from the building materials to the heating systems are more energy-efficient, helping you save money (and the environment). You can also look forward to clean indoor air quality in a new home, as you won’t have to deal with any lingering odours or mould from past owners.
- It’s all about the warranty: one of the best advantages to buying a brand new home, is the peace of mind that comes with a warranty. For example, at Genesis Land Corporation, we stand behind our work and offer an after-sale service program and warranty program.
- Financial planning: with new homes, you can plan your financial future with confidence. With everything in your home brand new, you’ll have no major repairs or replacements for years to come.
- Smarter technology and advancements: new homes come with the latest technology built right in so you don’t have to spend extra cash after you move in on upgrades. Alarm systems, cable wiring and smart technology like NEST™ thermostats (which all of our new homes come with).
- No repairs for years (lower maintenance): one of the big financial benefits of buying new is that you will have little to no maintenance for years. Everything in your home will be new: plumbing, heating and appliances, most of which will be under warranty for several years.
- Safety: Modern construction standards and building codes ensure that homes are built using up-to-date materials and products and that every aspect of your home is designed to operate with the highest level of safety and effectiveness.
- Indoor air quality: Construction standards ensure that new homes are built with impeccable indoor air quality, which is important since 90% Canadians’ time is spent indoors.
Are you in the market for a new home? Tell us where and why on social media!