Why you should raise your family in the suburbs
When it comes to searching for the perfect community for your family, you have a lot of choices. In a city as big as Calgary, and as fast-growing as Airdrie, there’s literally hundreds of options when it comes to neighbourhoods. The great debate continues to go on—suburban versus urban, but which is really right for you?
Suburban communities are perfect for families, and here’s just some of the reasons it’s an amazing choice for raising your kids:
- More home for your money: when compared to housing options in urban communities, suburban areas offer homebuyers a lot more for their money when it comes to home square-footage and yard space.
- New construction, new homes: suburb communities are the newest communities in a city because they are developed last, or are still in development. Because of that fact, families looking to move to the suburbs get the benefit of choosing from new homes. Newer homes comes with a number of benefits, such as updated technology, energy-saving features and the ability to customize your home.
- Tranquility: far enough away from urban bustle but close enough to access it when needed, suburb communities offer families a more peaceful and quiet atmosphere.
- Schools: newer suburb communities have the added benefit of access to multiple schools, and newer schools that aren’t overcrowded. For example, the Airdrie community of Pier 11 has over 10 schools within nearby range.
- Nature at your doorstep: suburb communities tend to be designed with green space and nature in mind. Because of the further proximity, residents of the suburbs can enjoy all that the great outdoors has to offer, with the convenience of the city. Look at Sage Meadows in northwest Calgary for example, the entire community was designed with the natural components of the area in mind.
- More parking: one of the biggest gripes that urban homeowners seem to have is the lack of parking, especially in condos. This is not an issue for suburban homeowners, and one of the greatest benefits that some take for granted.
- Pet paradise: one of the benefits of suburban living, is one that your pets will enjoy—open space! Besides the comfort of more space in a home for your pet, with a yard and so much park and green space nearby, your furry friend can enjoy the great outdoors too.
- Proximity to everything: you won’t have to drive all over looking for groceries, gas or shopping, because suburban communities are equipped with everything you need. Most suburb communities are complete with 4-5 nearby grocery stores, never mind all the other day-to-day amenities a family may need.
- Recreation opportunities: with plenty of nearby parks, playgrounds and cycle/walking trails, suburb communities offer a lot of outdoor recreation options. But, many suburb communities also boast top-of-the-line recreation facilities, like the Genesis Centre near Saddlestone in Calgary’s northeast.
If you’re looking to live the suburban lifestyle with your family, we are developing communities in both Airdrie and Calgary, check out our neighbourhoods on our website.