Spring Cleaning: 10 Supplies You'll Need
Spring is finally here, and it’s the perfect time to give your home a deep clean and refresh to take on the next season. To get yourself properly prepared for spring cleaning, here’s ten supplies you should have on hand.
1. Dust cloths: whether you upcycle some old clothes or rags, or get yourself some microfibre dust cloths, you’ll need these to tackle all the dust and allergens.
2. Toothbrush: this might seem like a weird cleaning supply, but these are great tools for tackling those hard to reach spots like fixtures and between grout.
3. Vinegar: this is one of the best (and all-natural) cleaning products that you can use all over the house. Did you know you can even use vinegar to unclog a showerhead?
4. Baking Soda: the base ingredient to cleaning jobs with vinegar, adding this into the mix will help you get a deeper clean.
5. Gloves/Aprons: you want to clean the messes, not wear them.
6. Broom: this is a tried and true cleaning supply you should always have on hand, especially if you have hardwood floors.
7. Mop: laminate, hardwood and tile flooring won’t be truly clean until you mop.
8. Glass cleaner: the perfect cleaner for windows, glass tabletops and mirrors.
9. Spray bottle: buy empty spray bottles to fill with your vinegar or other homemade cleaning supplies you’ll be using. These are also great because you can reuse them.
10. Vacuum: cleaning goes a lot quicker when you have a good vacuum on hand to clean the carpets in your home.
Looking for more spring cleaning tips? Bright Nest has lots of free guides and resources available online.