The top 10 things to love about Sage Meadows
Sage Meadows is a community in Calgary’s northwest quadrant, being developed by Genesis Land. With nature in mind at the heart of this neighbourhood’s design, there are parks, green spaces, ponds and wetlands in the area that help celebrate that laid-back country feeling. And with the community situated on the northern edge of Symons Valley Road, Sage Meadow’s convenient location ensures you’re never too far from the modern amenities of the big city.
If you’re thinking about moving to a new home in a new community, here’s the top ten things to love about Sage Meadows:
- Access to major routes: don’t let the country landscape of this area fool you, despite its peaceful seclusion from high-traffic areas, Sage Meadows offers quick access to major transportation routes like Symons Valley Road, Beddington Trail and Stoney Trail. Because of its location, you’re only 25 minutes from downtown Calgary and 15 minutes to the Calgary International Airport.
- Nearby recreation centres: Sage Meadows is situated in close proximity to the state-of-the-art recreation centre, Vivo (11950 Country Village Link NE), which offers a variety of services and amenities: swimming, weight room, fitness classes, gymnasium, hockey and so much more. Something to look forward to, is the construction of the brand new Rocky Ridge Recreation Facility (11300 Rocky Ridge Road NW), which will offer swimming, hockey, running tracks, fitness classes, library, skateboard park and a number of other amenities. It is slotted to open in 2017!
- World-class golf: within minutes of Sage Meadows, is Country Hills Golf Club (1334 Country Hills Boulevard NW), home to two 18-hole championship golf courses that are renowned around Calgary and Alberta. The beautiful courses offer unique experiences among beautiful terrain, and the clubhouse is a favourite among members too.
- Shopping: Sage Meadows is home to Sage Hill Crossing (3655 Sage Hill Drive NW), a brand new shopping sector that will be completed in 2017, and offers hundreds of thousands of square-feet of shopping and amenities perfect for any family or homeowner. Also nearby is Creekside Shopping Centre (12432 Simons Valley Road NW), with Calgary Co-op and 40 acres of shopping and amenities. And for a major shopping trip, you’re just minutes from CrossIron Mills, with over 200 specialty stores and outlets.
- Schools: Sage Meadows contains a zoned school site with construction planning already in place, and there are already over 12 schools within a 10 minute drive of the community.
- Environmental reserve: the community of Sage Meadows is completely surrounded by an environmental reserve, and the newest part of the development, The Ridge at Sage Meadows, includes 33 hectares of open space too. Environmental and nature enthusiasts will love the seemingly never-ending abundance of greenery and access to biking and hiking trails.
- Variety in housing options: Sage Meadows has already been home to the completion of Genesis’ multi-family development, The Brownstones, which were townhomes. Construction is starting on The Ridge, which will include 74 lots, both walkouts and escarpments.
- Health access: sprinkled throughout the area, are a variety of health clinics and amenities such as drug stores, medical clinics, physiotherapists, chiropractors, nutritionists—everything you need.
- Basic amenities: you never have to go far for access to amenities in this community: banks, dining options, entertainment, grocery stores and gas stations are all within mere minutes.
- Noteworthy home design: The Brownstones in Sage Meadows, by Genesis Builders, was nominated for two SAM Awards for both multi-family design and best townhouse design.
Currently, Genesis Builders has an open sales centre in Sage Meadows, but with more construction getting underway, The Ridge at Sage Meadows features Morrison Homes and Calbridge Homes. To find out more information on the development of Sage Meadows and the housing options becoming available there, please see here. To find out more information on the development of The Ridge at Sage Meadows and the housing options available there, please see here.