Top 10 Things to Love About Bayview
Airdrie continues to gain popularity as a place to call home, as more and more homebuyers are choosing to settle down in the city just north of Calgary. With the conveniences of a city and the close proximity to nature, Airdrie has something for everyone.
And if you’re looking to move to Airdrie, we know the perfect community—Bayview. Set amidst winding canals and pathways, Bayview is an active living paradise. Cycle, skate, jog, or explore – with so much to do and love just outside your door, and the Rockies only an hour away, your opportunities for fun and adventure are as limitless as Bayview’s spectacular prairie vistas.
Here’s just 10 of the many reasons to love Bayview:
- Access to great schools: Airdrie is home to 16 schools, run by Rocky View Schools. Nose Creek Elementary School serves students in kindergarten to grade four, and is located right in our community of Bayside. More on Rocky View schools. Bayview is within walking distance to one of these schools as well.
- Location, location, location: From parks and recreation, to healthcare, shopping, restaurants and childcare, you’ll never be far from the amenities you want and need.
- Easy access to Calgary or the mountains: despite what you may think, Bayview is within a 30-minute drive to downtown Calgary, so for those who work in Calgary, the commute is very reasonable. And for those who like those mountain weekend getaways, Canmore is just an hour from Airdrie.
- Genesis Place: within close proximity to Bayview is Genesis Place, a large recreation centre featuring a pool, lazy river, fitness centre, track, two ice rinks and much more!
- Chinook Winds Park: Perfect for summer, this park offers over 55 acres of parkland and recreation spots, including playgrounds, skate parks, amenities and even a spray park for the summer. The park is located at Chinook Winds Drive, south of Yankee Valley Boulevard.
- Woodside Golf Course: This championship par-70 course is made up of 6,200 yards of lush, challenging landscaping, featuring 9 water hazards. This course is a popular choice for both professionals and amateurs, and is the first golf course in Alberta to be pet-friendly. Find out more about them here.
- Airdrie Festival of Lights: A holiday favourite, Airdrie is home to the largest outdoor Christmas light display in all of Western Canada. If you haven’t yet seen the amazing display, it’s an absolute must for the holiday season.
- Nose Creek Park: Enjoy a picnic or fish in the pond at this park featuring over 40 acres of natural space. There are lots of picnic tables and pathways for the whole family to enjoy there.
- Nature at your door: The community of Bayview is perfect for those who love the outdoors and an active lifestyle. This community is full of canals, pathways and prairie vistas. Cycle, skate, jog or just explore the great outdoors!
- Authentic, quality homes: Bayview, a Genesis Land community, is partnered with a well-established builder that offers the ultimate in home design and quality—Genesis Builders. Homes here feature authentic architectural details that reflect a reverence for the land, while offering all the style and features your modern life demands.
To learn more about the community of Bayview in Airdie, click here.