If you are looking to celebrate Valentine’s Day this week, whether with your loved one or the whole family, we have gathered some unique date ideas.
- YYC Hot Chocolate Fest: this event is happening February 9 to 28, so take your family to try one of the delicious hot chocolate creations around Calgary, and support local business at the same time. The list of participating businesses can be found online here.
- Go outdoor skating: take in some skating at Olympic Plaza which is open daily from 10 am to 9 pm or try one of the many outdoor skating spots in Airdrie.
- In the heat of the night at the Zoo: this is an adult-only event running February 13 and 14 and includes dinner, violinists, educational talks, games and an intimate exchange about romance in the wild. More information here.
For some more couple-focused romance ideas for Valentine’s Day, check out this page of listings from Tourism Calgary. And if you’re looking to save some money on Valentine’s Day this year, but want to get the family involved, here are some DIY date night ideas:
- Make heart-shaped pizzas: do dinner at home and get everyone involved in making their own heart-shaped pizzas. Lots of inspiration for heart-shaped pizzas online.
- Do a craft: there are tons of ideas online for DIY Valentine’s Day crafts that are fun for both kids and you, here’s some inspiration.
- Make a fun breakfast or brunch: Valentine’s Day falls on a weekday, so start the day with some love by getting festive with breakfast or lunch ideas.
- Do a scavenger hunt: set up a Valentine’s Day-themed scavenger hunt for the family to take part in together, templates and printables here.
How are you taking in Valentine’s Day this year? Let us know on social media!