As we edge closer and closer to Christmas, you may find yourself feeling the urge to take in a little holiday cheer. If you live in Airdrie, you are in luck, because two of the best holiday events are happening right in your city over the coming weeks!
Rogers Hometown Hockey
A very exciting event for the City of Airdrie to be hosting, is Rogers Hometown Hockey, with Ron MacLean and Tara Slone on December 16 and 17th. Open to all Airdrie residents, this weekend includes live entertainment, NHL alumni, live pre-game and NHL game broadcast of the Calgary Flames vs Vancouver Canucks.
Airdrie will be featured on the weekly Sunday broadcast (Dec. 17) of Rogers Hometown Hockey on Sportsnet and Sportnet NOW. Live on location from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio is where MacLean and Slone host a pre-game, intermission and post-game show that will highlight Airdrie’s culture, hockey history and unique stories. [City of Airdrie]
Dates: December 16 and 17
Location: Genesis Place (800 East Lake Boulevard NE)
- Miniature train rides: these train rides are fun for the whole family and run every night, for only $2 a person.
- Fire pits: if you get a little chilly at any point in the evening, you can warm up at either one of the two fire pits located near the event tent.
- Hot chocolate: warm up with a cup of hot chocolate for only $2.
- Outdoor skating: Nose Creek Pond is available for public skating every night, permitting it is safe to do so. Because the pond is run by the City, you’ll have to contact the City of Airdrie (403-948-8800) to find out about skating conditions.
- Nightly events: there are a number of events happening at the event tent each night at the Festival of Lights, check here for the full calendar.