Our construction crews are working hard, and the buildings in the Gardens of Saddlestone are getting closer to the final phase of development. If you’ve taken a visit to the construction site, you’ll only be able to see the progress outside the buildings, so we’ll give you an update on how things are going inside the homes.
Units: 9, 13, 17, 21, 25
Saddlelake Alley NE
- This building is currently going through the pre-board inspection phase, which is about 65% completed at this point. What does pre-board inspection mean? This means the building is going through framing inspection and mechanical rough-in.
- What’s coming up next? the next phase of development for this building will be the insulation and drywall, which will put a nice dent into the completion of this project.
Units: 24, 28, 32, 36, 40
Saddlelake Mews NE
- We’re 75% through the drywall phase of this building’s development. Drywall is a great stage of development, because it means we’re nearing the end. Drywalling is part of phase four of the standard five phase process of home building (read more here).
- The next phase after drywall is complete, will be the taping/texturing of the walls. What that means, is that painting and wall coverings will be started (where the house starts to look like a home).
Units: 4, 8, 12, 16, 20
Saddlelake Mews NE
- This building is currently 50% through the roofply phase of development. Roofply is simply the framing which is installed before the roof can be completed. To give you an idea of where we are with this project, we’re in phase three of the five phases of home construction (read more here).
- Once the roofply process is completed, our crews will be getting to work on the plumbing, electrical rough-ins and HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) for this building.
Not sure about some of the home building jargon we use in these updates? Check out our Construction Glossary for a list of terminology. We’ll be posting monthly construction updates, and you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more updates as well. And if you have any questions about your new home, please feel free to contact us.